Friday, March 09, 2007

Who's Report Will You Believe

I know you all are probably tired of this cancer stuff. Believe me, no more than I! Well when I came back from MD Anderson they were not very positive. Well I had my doctor's appointment here on Thursday. I cried all day. He was not very positive either, in fact he was more negative than the doctor from Houston. He just said a few negatives like I could go downhill really fast. Well, I was concerned about that. I have a wedding I plan on being a major part of in July. (Major part being mother of the groom) and I told him I had a wedding in July. He said he could not make any promises. Well, that was the pits. And then I found out the other patient he had that had ovarian cancer has died. Soooooo... God knows some times I become a doubting Thomas. As I told one of my boys, we have had many conversations about it. (God and I) I am trying to be as positive as I can. I am now taking a chemo pill everyday. We are trying to trick the cancer and come at it a different way.

Let's pray specifically about the tumor that is bothering my colon and bladder. This is the one that he says if it blocks things up will make me go downhill really fast. I asked about surgery and he said that may make me go downhill even faster. Well, I never liked going downhill except on a sled so let's just rebuke that ride. And of course I still want the complete miracle. I do remember (as my sons keep making me quote) that the Lord gave me the scripture "this sickness is not unto death, but to bring glory to God, that the son of man may be glorified thereby"

Thanks again for all your prayers. I am just trying to keep everyone informed. Have a good joke to tell me when you see me. God is good.

4 comments:

Madison S. said...

We SHALL BELIEVE THE REPORT OF THE LORD!!!! I have always loved that song I believe the Lord is working on this not at our timing but he always steps in on TIME!!!! We just keep believing!!! ON the funny side well I think I have got you up a good 50-60 hits above Joseph. No mother should be out blogged by her son LOL!!! Let me know if it falls behind again LOL!!! Bro. Todd gave me a few tricks

One Crazy Bunch said...

Now that the doctors have made their reports as bad as they may be, I am excited to see how God is going to mess up their report! I am waiting for your healing post!! I believe God can and I am praying for Him to do it, besides I want to see how beautiful you look in the dress you picked out for Jason's wedding myself! A phrase that comes to mind as my encouragement to you is...Don't wait till the battle is over, shout now. I am going to shout now for the victory of your healing while believing your GOOD report from the Lord!! I love you, and you are always in my prayers!

bouellette said...

thank you sis. julie, joe j just loved your comment. lol. see you in the morning.

Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Barbara,

He's an ontime God! He may not come when you want Him, but He'll be there right on time!!! Keep believing.