Wednesday, March 21, 2007

the Joys of Parenting and trying to parent

Since Jody wrote such a "sweet" blog about teenagers and my son wrote about spring it kind of leaves me with "Oh what should I blog about?" I have to blog about something, I don't want to get on the bad list. So this is a quick one so I can take a nap and make it to church "bright eyed and bushy tailed".

So they are teenagers, and I did not have them all their lives so I am trying to teach them things that should have been taught when they were very young. So why does it surprise me that on of the boys thinks I should make the other one play with him because he "should share". What about just wanting to be left alone?

And then the kids at school, who seem to have no parent at home teaching them right from wrong. There is a book out that is by the same author of "Why Johnny Can't Read". It is "Why Johnny Can't Tell Right from Wrong". We blame society and the things they hear at school. What about he responsibility of the parents? Why is it always the other person's fault? It seems society (if you want to blame someone other than the parents) is allowing excuses for everything. " He made me do it." I am so tired of children trying to blame others and not taking responsibility and parents who allow this type of behavior because so and so made their child upset. What will happen when the child goes to school and shoots the other children. Is it their fault because they made fun of him and didn't treat him right? Come on parents let's teach our children to take responsibility for their actions.

Ok I will get off my soap box for today. Have a great day all!

1 comment:

Linda Elms said...

AMEN and AMEN again! You said it right Barbara. I agree! You're doing a great job with your teenagers! Love you!