Sunday, January 07, 2007

You (I) Can Make a Difference

I have thought and thought on what Bro. Elms preached the other night. I thought about the book I read to my second graders titled "Making a Difference". This book is about conservation and I read it to the students and then we make a class book. How we can make a difference. Well I started thinking along the spiritual realm and making a difference in God's kingdom. Then I thought of the "roll it forward". Whatever that means in my mixed up brain. Sooooo........ Bro. Gene you have made a difference in my life. I watched you living for the Lord as a teenager and then as a young adult and now. Well it made a difference in the way I brought up my boys and my expectations for them. Joseph James, you made a difference in my life. You gave me a reason to live and a reason to live right. You made it a joy to get up in the morning and made life so worth while. And of course Jesus, you made everything right in my life. You are there all the time and I just don't know where I would be without you. And sooooo.... I want to make a difference this year. I want to bring some more children or adults to church. I want to share more of what Jesus has done for me and what he can do for others. I want to be an encourager like my husband was. He always had something good to say to someone. So for whatever it is worth, I am making a difference and you do to. As we teach our children all our actions have consequences. Good and bad sooooo we can make differences, good and bad. I sure don't want to be bad.

4 comments:

Misty said...

I want to make a difference this year also Sis Barbara. I love you post and this is the first one I have responded to. I have been reading the blogs for a while but without leaving a comment. I have been scared I guess.:)
Love you, Misty

Karla said...

I love this post, Sis. Barbara. Your family had made a difference in our lives. We admire you all so much!! Bro. Joe was such an encouragement to me - always telling me how much the music meant to him in each service. Thanks for helping us to think about making a difference in another life.

bouellette said...

Misty,
Thanks for your post. The post response is what makes this all so much fun. I can't wait to get online and see what others have wrote and responded to.

And Sis. Karla you also have made a huge difference in my life. You have always been such a fine example of a young lady living for God. I picked just three like the push is forward and wish everyone would do the same. Love you all.

Gene Holley said...

Wow! I am humbled by this post. I would have to say that my life has been greatly impacted by YOU. I have always loved your "no-nonsense" style of raising your boys. I knew as their youth minister that I could always count on your support. I knew that Joseph & Jason would be present at whatever was going on. I could always count on a kind word of encouragement from you and your husband. Your family is very dear to me and always will be. Thanks for honoring me with your words and deeds.