Thursday, January 11, 2007

I am Blessed

I am blessed in the Lord. I just feel like I attend the best church anywhere. I also know that most of you feel the same way about your church so maybe I should say I serve the best God anywhere. Because it is God that is in our churches and it is God who makes the service what it is. At least I hope He does at your church. ;-)

God always gives me just what I need. As service started last night I just started crying. I couldn’t seem to stop crying. I was just tired. I was telling God I was just tired. I figured out a while ago it is okay to tell Him things like that because He already knows. I feel bad because people notice and sometimes I think they are feeling sorry for me. Please don’t feel sorry for me. Sometimes I feel like I need to get control of myself and not cry, but then will I get what I need from God?

Then Bro. Orange came and delivered the message. It was wonderful. Of course if you heard the message I am sure you would have heard something different, so you can go listen to it at our church’s website. But, God had just confirmed that no matter where I am He is with me, I am in His will, and He will see me through to the end. I stand on His promise that He gave me at the beginning of this trial. “This sickness is not unto death.” I am reassured every time I get down that He will see me through. Even though I do not get the promise when I want it, the promise is still mine and it is from God. He cannot lie.

3 comments:

Karla said...

AWESOME Sis. Barbara! You have encouraged me today. Love you!

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Barbara, I know God touched you last night. What an incredible message from the Lord! We do not know when your healing will come, but I'm claiming His promise for it! I love you!

Gene Holley said...

It is so good to be able to hear from God. I love to find out again and again that He knows where I am.