Thursday, January 04, 2007

Five Things You Probably Already Know About Me

Thanks Carla. I will try and give you some unneeded, worthless information about myself. Here goes:

  1. My brother and I use to ride our bikes in the middle of winter in NY. How? My parents rented the farmhouse on a milk farm. When the cows were out we could ride our bikes up and down the barn. Nice long barn with an open area down the middle.
  2. In high school I was one of those "at risk" kids. My parents were divorced and I did not apply myself to my studies. I took regular classes instead of college prep. I graduated with a hairdressers license for NY state. My vice principal would be shocked to know that I teach at a recognized school in the state of Texas.
  3. The first time I met Joe I didn't like him. He was too forward and under the influence of alcohol. He kept coming over to my house while our parents played cards and was sober and we talked, for hours. It took a little bit of time for him to win me over but not too long. He always was very attentive to me. We met when I was 15, started dating at 16, married at 17, almost 18 and stayed married for 32 years. He kept his vow and we stay married till death did we part.
  4. We lived in Key Largo, Florida for about 7 months. We lost our daughter there to SIDS and we moved to Texas. We have been here since 1976. Can't stand Florida to this day.
  5. I started to write I am the only one in my extended biological family filled with the Holy Ghost, but Praise be to God, my niece was filled with the Holy Ghost and baptised in Jesus' Name last year. I have loved living for God since 1980. God is good.

And now it is time for someone else. I will tag my sister-in-law in NY, Margaret, and who else has not been picked.(thinking..........) My first daughter-in-law and only one right now, Kim, and I guess that is it. Love you all and think back, way back.

6 comments:

Karla said...

Great, Sis. Barbara!! I did not know several things about you. Thanks for participating! Love you!

Gene Holley said...

Very interesting! Lots of things I didn't know!

jay5in said...

I knew every single one... come on mom... lol :)

Linda Elms said...

Interesting! Glad you wrote. Most of us do not like this kind of thing, yet we are all having so much fun with it. How do you figure that? LOL!

Tammy Bryant said...

Well I have finally joyed the ranks of the bloggers:

http://blessingsfromthebryants.blogspot.com/

Jane said...

Great list Barbara! Thanks for sending me the instructions on tagging. You may be sorry because you will probably be tagged by me for some of my lists :))))