Sunday, December 10, 2006

Well had my new chemo on Friday. Went just about like the rest but not quite so bad. Had some aches and pains, had a headache, but was still able to function. So all in all not too bad. Was able to get a little Christmas shopping done on Saturday. Went to the Christmas drama at church and the dinner at Luby's tonight. It was great. Had me cry a few times when I saw Joe's picture in the slideshow, but I wouldn't have wanted them to not put him up there. It does make me sad to think that next year he won't be in the pictures. Well, I won't bore you all with my sad stories, don't want to make anyone sad at this joyous time of the year. As we were talking in Sunday school this morning, let us remember why He came and that is what made Christmas come about. Have a very merry Christmas. Just four and one half days until school is out for two weeks. Yipee!

4 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Please do not worry about sharing your "sad" stories. We all loved Bro. Joe and continue to think of him. I went to Cabela's here in Austin on Friday and as I walked through the store, I remembered him and the last time I was in this store in Fort Worth. Bro. Joe and I walked through the store the day before his homegoing, following our sons and visiting. I always enjoyed his laughter and selfless actions.

I am glad that your chemo turned out better and that you were able to enjoy your church family this weekend.

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Barbara, I also felt sad tonight when I saw Bro. Joe's picture, but it wouldn't have been right not to have him there. As you said, you would have been disappointed not to see him in the slides, and I would too. I felt a lump in my throat for awhile afterwards and my heart ached for you and the boys, but as you say, life goes on and we all know we will see him on the other side! You are one amazing lady! I love you so much!

Keith and Carla said...

Sis. Barbara,

They are not "sad" stories, but wonderful memories!

I'm so glad your new chemo was a little easier on you.

Lots of love and prayers!!!

Tammy Bryant said...

I just have to add what a joy it was to see Bro. Joe. It brought back nothing but wonderful memories of what a great man and saint he was. My mind immediately went to the most wonderful words that your sons gave of their dad at his homegoing service. Great man with great memories.
I love you Sis. Barbara -- you are a great mentor.