Thursday, December 14, 2006

Busy, Busy Day

Well, first thing was Christmas party at Alamo. Just imagine 18 second graders going to see Santa. Oh my, I was exhausted when I got home. One of the students asked me if that was the "real" Santa. I said, "He was a real Santa helper." He said I didn't think he was the real Santa because he didn't have glasses. (forget the fake hair and beard)

When I got home the nurse called from the cancer center. My new chemo has been approved but they want to continue this one and leave that just in case. You know they all have their pros and cons, and yes I know that and so I am good with that. God is in control anyways.

Last, the younger boys, my sister and I went to a memorial service out at the funeral home for those who have passed away this year. It was very nice of the Duttons to do this. They gave each family a beautiful ornament with a poem in remembrance of their loved ones. I was okay until I read the last line of the poem which is what is on the ornament. "I love you all dearly, now don't shed a tear, cause I'm spending my Christmas with Jesus this year." My sister just started crying when she saw the ornament because she had seen one and she said she has looked everywhere for this ornament. Well, she is very happy I have it and the Duttons will have it engraved after the holidays for us. Thanks Duttons you do your ministry the best!

You can all check out Joe's memory and leave a tribute at the www.mem.com website. You do need to type in Ouellette or you can just go to the right side of my post and click on the link.

One more (or should I say half of a day) of school. The kids will be wild tomorrow. Then chemo in the afternoon. Thanks for all your prayers and please pray specifically for my left side and the tumors to continue to shrink so I can be free of the pain that they like to cause.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm really glad you came Sis. Barbara. I know it was hard for you and I am so glad you liked the ornament, I had set one aside just in case you weren't able to come, but I am so glad you were able to. We love you!

Unknown said...

Barbara -

I got your message on my blog and was unsure how to respond other than to send you a comment as well. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I truly appreciate it! I would be more than happy to let you know my aunt's name privately to have her added to your prayer list. Please feel free to send me your email address via comments - I won't post that one.

Thank you again.

Gene Holley said...

The memorial service and gift sounds so nice. The Duttons really are the best in their field. They really do care and it shows. We are praying, but thanks for the specific prayer we should pray.

Linda Elms said...

Barbara, you are always in our prayers for a complete healing! I pray those tumors shrink COMPLETELY and are gone forever! In Jesus Name! I know you're missing Joe terribly. I do not even pretend to know what you're going through. We miss him, also. Joe was one of the greatest men I've known. Always encouraging those around him. What a day that will be when we see him on the other side! Love you!

Cathrina said...

the best blog i have ever come across.. true that word cant express one's feeling but for once my eyes are wet..u r remembered in my prayers..