Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Waiting to get out of town!

Well here I am waiting to get out of town. Had my van checked over last week for the trip out of town. Wish I had never taken it in. I got it back Thursday night. I didn't use it Friday and Saturday late I went to the store. The engine light came on coming home from the store. I looked under the hood and checked the belt to see if it was turning. (They had put a new one on) I called the van place and they said I would have to wait until the day after Christmas because they were closing. I heard a little whistle and my brother from NY said that I must have a leak in one of my exhaust whatevers and to have them check that out. Then I took the van to church on Sunday since they couldn't look at it till Tuesday. On the way home my breaks seemed really low. I stopped at a stop sign and pumped them. (Isn't this suppose to bring them up some?) Well it didn't, in fact it brought forth a strong burning odor. Needless to say I was very upset and did not drive and futher. I went home and didn't even go out to eat. I took it this morning to the place that did the work on it. On the way there while going 35 miles an hour it lurched and acted like I had just taken my foot completely off the gas. Which I hadn't. I prayed the rest of the way there going 25 mph. I was reading Sis. Haney's book in the parking lot while I was waiting for the place to open. Of course the book is talking about patience and trusting in God, not saying anything wrong when you want to say something. Being a saint of God. Things like that so I am very nice when I go in. I even say I am trying very hard to be very nice because I am not very happy. I have to get out of town and my van is worse than when I brought it in here last week. Sooooooo... here I am printing up a few mapquests and checking out the blogs. Need to finish packing and waiting on the van people to call me. In Jesus' Name it is all going to work out and we'll get there sometime tonight. Hopefully we will be able to hook up tonight at the hotel. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. We did with friends and family.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

i will be praying for you that everything goes great and that your van will be fixed in time. i love you and know that God is working everything out for you.

Dan Bryant said...

We are praying for all to work out well. We love you!