Saturday, April 28, 2007

We're Home

It is always so nice to be home after being away for a few days. David bought balloons and made a little sign to welcome me home. (I guess Grandpa is meaner than Mama) Joe J and I are both so glad to be home. The doctor has given me a new kind of chemo pill. It is suppose to be strong and she gave me some anti nausea drugs to go with them. I will take them for two weeks and go back to Chicago in a month. If this seems to be working than I will get a two month supply. If all works out in a timely fashion than maybe I will be ready for surgery after Jason's wedding.

I had a doctor for the first time in my life tell me to quit losing weight. She said after we get rid of the disease than we can worry about the weight. As you can notice the outlook is so totally different than the two oncologists I have been seeing. She is so much more positive. That is the way I want to be. God is still in control and His will be done in this life that was given to Him.

Just wanted everyone to know I am glad to be home. Will start the new drugs this Monday because the drug store had to order them.

3 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound! You have been on my mind and in my prayers.

Linda Elms said...

Sis. Barbara, I'm so happy to have you home! I have been praying for you and Joseph. I know God is definitely in control of everything. We continue to TRUST HIM! I love you and will see you in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Sis. Barbara
Welcome home. Glad to hear the
good report. We're still believing
God with you.
Get a good night's rest and be ready for lots of "Hugs" tomorrow.
Love You.