Saturday, April 14, 2007

Busy, Busy Day

It looks like it is going to be a busy day. Julie is having a personal shower hosted by her sister in Dallas. She (or Jason) wants me to come and meet her mother. I really want to meet them also, but I never know what to wear when I first meet someone. My mother always taught us how important first impressions were.

The boys are going to Oklahoma for the Hot Rod Show and Jake's Ribs. I hope they have a great time. David was saying it was going to be very hard since Dad really loved Hot Rods. I told him his Dad would want him to enjoy it, even without him.

I am hoping Kim won't mind hanging around stopping in Grapevine for dinner so we can meet Jason on his way home from work.

Brandon is hoping to get home in time to go to an ROTC event. I am leaving that in the hands of God because I am not sure he needs to go.

I hope everyone has a very blessed day. God is good and I have been feeling a lot better towards the end of this week. As Sis. Shahan said last night, she tells people to keep praying for her, we are storing them up as Sis. Freeman spoke of. It's not like God can't answer with just one request, but He keeps touching us over and over again. With each new problem, he has to reach down and touch us again. And He does, and we are very thankful. Once again, as always, thank you for all your prayers.

And I work with some of the greatest people in Wichita Falls. Not only do they care about the children we work with but they show love and concern for others. I have continually received cards in my mailbox. I have received flowers, either picked or bought numerous times. And they have giving to me financially to help out when they feel I may need it. They are very giving people. My prayer warrior friends, say a little prayer for God to bless the staff of Alamo.

Have a great weekend all.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

No matter what you decide to wear you will look beautiful! Hope you have a great day in Dallas.

Linda Elms said...

Michelle took the words right out of my mouth! I hope you've had a great day!

Tammy Bryant said...

Tripo!!!!

bouellette said...

Had a great time. Late getting home but it was nice seeing my son and meeting his future in-laws. They are very sweet people.

Madison S. said...

Well you have my kids hooked on you so you should have no problem! Remember God made you just the way you are and that is perfect. I think that is how Madison put it!

Christina said...

You truly are a strong woman. I may not know you well but it is so obvious that you are beautiful outside and in! You have such a wonderful spirit about you that hopefully we can all learn from. You and Sis. Shahan are in our bedtime prayers every night. (Ryan & Haiden are very good about not forgeting you two in prayer)