Tuesday, March 13, 2007

From Beyond

The boys and I cleaned out Joe's old van yesterday. I went through everything trying to determine what it was, was it worth keeping, and looking for the title. I still have not found the title. The boys put all the papers in a box. I came across an envelope. Joe always was buying cards for others. He would remember birthdays and such and then forget to send the cards out. Well, I figured that is what I had but when I opened it up I just started crying. It read:

For my wife,
the woman I cherish
I love you for being you...
for the friendship, affection,
and happiness you bring...
and I celebrate the
precious gift of your life.

a scripture was on the card:
"A woman who fears the Lord
is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

Jody was here and came running over to where I was and said what? Then she started crying and said, "Uncle Joe loved you so much". It was a time of tears and joy. I will keep the card forever.

Have a blessed day everyone! We are going to have dinner with Julie and Jason tonight. I use to hate to go to Dallas and never had any reason to go. Now it doesn't seem so far and it holds something very precious to my heart.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Oh Sis. Barbara!! That is so awesome to receive a card from Joe at this time. And for the card to say "...and I celebrate the precious gift of your life." What a wonderful message to you! Keep believing and holding on to your promises!! I love you.

Gene Holley said...

WOW! That is incredible. Y'all definitely had a special love. His eyes would be tearing up right about now.

Madison S. said...

My eye's are flowing right now. you are an awsome lady of God and such an example for us younger moms to look up to. Hold on to the promises He has given you!!! We are keeping on believing. What an awsome gift to see the love Bro. Joe still has for you as he watches over you!!! we love you

Mandy said...

Ditto Julie, You are a wonderful lady Sis Barbara, the Love you all shared is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us! Love you!