Saturday, February 17, 2007

Family

Jason and Julie are here for the weekend and it is so nice to have him "home". Of course I am excited that Julie is here also. They are at Target doing their registry today. We are cooking out and the "guys" are coming over for dinner. It is just wonderful to be surrounded by ones you love. As I was washing the potatoes for baked potatoes I did think of Joe. He loved being around family just as much, and a cook out was "his thing".

There are so many people that are sick. Jody's oldest boy, Nathan, is in the hospital. He has pneumonia. Our pastor has been very sick and I just want everyone to get well. Why can we not, or should I say why don't we just lay hands on everyone and everyone be healed? But then as I was typing that question I was reminded that even Jesus did not do certain things because of unbelief of others. So is it because we just don't believe He wants to heal everyone instantly, or do we just have to suffer to become who He wants us to be?

Questions, always questions. But just to let you know, I am blessed. God is good. I may not know what is in store for the future, but I do know who holds my future. I know God had the day that He would call Joe home already planned before we even would have thought he was going. I know God has everything else perfectly planned. All I want to do is see souls saved. I want my family to be saved, and of course I myself can not be lost, I mean will not be lost. :-)

You all have a very blessed day.

2 comments:

Gene Holley said...

So glad that you are getting to enjoy Jason and Julie being there! Enjoy your special weekend.

Linda Elms said...

Lift up your head, Sis. Barbara, redemption draweth nigh! That's a song we use to sing, and it comes to mind tonight as I write this. Jesus is coming soon and we'll be out of here! Thank God for the hope we've got!