Tuesday, January 30, 2007

We Grew Old Together

We grew old together. We grew up together. When I fell in love it was in high school. I married my high school sweetheart. We grew up and grew old together. Nobody knows you like a spouse you started dating at 16 years old. Someone you knew since you were 15.

I read somewhere that the lose of a child will more than likely split up a marriage, or in some cases bring you closer together. I guess there are only two ways to go with a marriage anyways. But I do know that if you are married and lose a child, no one knows how you feel when you lose your child. But you do know that the one you loved, the one who loved that child as much as you is feeling as much pain as you. You share your lose for the child you both loved. With time you understand that others have felt the same kind of pain, but you share this particular loss with your mate.

You age together, some gracefully, others not so gracefully. As you age together you stay the same age difference as you have at all times. You enjoy each stage of your life together. It was fun to be young together, it was fun to have young children together. It was wonderful watching the children grow up and become young adults that only you two can share the same pride in. No one can love these children more than you and your spouse. So where am I going with this, I don't even know. Just enjoy growing old with your spouse.

4 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Oh Barbara! I am so emotional right now that I don't even know what to say. I can't say I "feel" your pain because I've never been in your shoes. I will definitely remember your words! Love you!

Karla said...

Sis. Barbara, this is a beautiful post! Thanks for reminding us to enjoy every moment. I so enjoyed watching you and Bro. Joe, and I still enjoy your memories with him.

Misty said...

Beautiful post Sis Barbara. This post reminds us to enjoy our marriage and treasure every moment with our spouse. Love you.

Gene Holley said...

You definitely had a bond that made for a great team. Thanks for the reminder to all of us. You are still greatly loved.