Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Brother, George




Well, my big brother had a birthday today. So I just have to say happy birthday big boy! I love you very much. Those of you who are my prayer buddies, say a prayer for my brother, George. He had shingles on his face and he has been in a lot of pain. He needs to have the Lord touch his eyes and his face. Ask that the Lord would take care of that and that George would know it is God and soften his heart up to the Lord. It is time for him to give his life to God.
Let me tell you about my big brother.
He was the one that stuck close by me growing up. If I had a problem with my older sister or other brother I just had to tell George, he took care of it. One time I was having a problem with some guys at school. I told my brother about it. The next time I was at school they parted the hall for me.
George hated school. Hated everything about it. He loves cars and trucks and took after our father and was a great mechanic for years. Then he began driving the big trucks. He loves his job. He has always been a faithful husband and supporter to his family. He is married to Joe's sister and they live in NY. Diane goes to church and their daughter and her family, but George never has. I don't understand why. He is a good man. But, then you have to think of Nicodemus. He was a good man also, but we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Oh well, you understand me, I just want him to be saved. I want him to feel the joy of living for God. It is such a great life. Your only regret coming to God is that you didn't do it sooner.
I'm off of George, aren't I? Well, he is I believe 56 today. When we were young it was the two of us who ran away. We had a secret fort in the barn among the stacked hay. He quit school and worked hard when my father left. He bought Christmas presents that year. He came down for my Thanksgiving last year and I am looking forward to him coming down for Christmas this year. I may surprise him again this summer and go see him, or maybe he will come see me on one of my trips to Chicago.
Thanks everyone!
And happy birthday George!

2 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Happy Birthday to George! Barbara if he is half as sweet and good as you, then he is one awesome man!

Misty said...

That is sweet to have an older brother like that Sis Barbara. Happy Birthday George!